We are a husband and wife team who provide high quality, engaging Design and Technology workshops, projects, after school clubs and staff CPD aimed at primary age children.
Andy (Mr Hepp) - A qualified teacher of Design & Technology since 2004, originally trained in secondary education. For over half of Andy’s professional career, he was the Head of Department for Art, Design and Technology at a Barnsley secondary school – this is where he gained valuable experience and in-depth subject knowledge; teaching and learning pedagogy; leadership and management and planning and delivering staff training. Andy decided to leave full time secondary education to create Hepp DT in 2017.
Laura (Mrs Hepp) - A qualified teacher of English since 2013, originally trained in secondary education. Before gaining QTS in English, Laura led on Design & Technology provision to some of Barnsley’s most vulnerable children as part of her Head of Year role. For over half of Laura’s professional career, she had whole school responsibilities for improving teaching and learning, staff training and mentoring. Laura joined Hepp DT in 2019, bringing with her, her vast knowledge and expertise of teaching pedagogy and specifically curriculum planning and assessment as well incorporating English standards throughout.
We are education professionals who have successfully combined many years of secondary school experiences to offer much needed services within the primary sector. Hepp DT will provide specialist and bespoke knowledge and guidance to you, your team and your children through Design & Technology/STEM projects.
We offer the following services:
- Staff CPD (in-school, Hepp DT Studio or via Zoom)
- Project work
- Holiday clubs
All of these services can be carried out in the comfort of your own school, or in our very own studio, based in Scissett, Huddersfield.
We also now offer the service of providing ‘resource kits’ to schools so you are safe in the knowledge that you will have all of the appropriate materials and resources sourced and prepared in order to carry out your chosen project.
- DT in a Box – project kits
- Resourcing for schools – tools, equipment and materials
We have already worked with over 40 amazing primary schools since establishing Hepp DT in 2017, covering the entirety of Yorkshire, and as far away as Stockton-on-Tees and Blackpool!
- Academy St. James, Bradford
- Bentham Community Primary School, Lancaster
- Burton Road Primary School, Barnsley
- Clayton Village Primary School, Bradford
- Darton Primary School, Barnsley
- Farfield Primary School, Bradford
- Hambleton Primary Academy, Blackpool
- Hardwick Green Primary School, Stockton-on-Tees
- Holy Rood Catholic Primary School, Barnsley
- Hunningley Primary School, Barnsley
- Jerry Clay Academy, Wakefield
- Joseph Locke Primary School, Barnsley
- Keresforth Primary School, Barnsley
- Low Ash Primary School, Bradford
- Mansel Primary, Sheffield
- Monteney Primary School, Sheffield
- Newby Primary, Bradford
- Oxspring Primary School, Sheffield
- Parson Cross CofE Primary School, Sheffield
- Penistone St. John’s Primary School, Sheffield
- Pye Bank Primary School, Sheffield
- Silkstone Primary School, Barnsley
- Southey Green Primary School, Sheffield
- Springvale Primary School, Sheffield
- St. Mary’s Academy Trust, Barnsley
- The Forest Academy, Barnsley
- Thurgoland Primary School, Sheffield
- Tranmoor Primary School, Doncaster
- Ward Green Primary, Barnsley
- Wentworth CofE Junior School, Rotherham
- West Meadows Primary School, Barnsley
- Worsbrough Bank End Primary School, Barnsley
- Worsbrough Common Primary School, Barnsley
"....pupils showed great care when designing and making model cranes out of wood. The models they created were impressive.”Ofsted (March 2019)